Our history dates back to 1954, when the People's Construction Bank of China was founded as a wholly state-owned bank under the direction of the Ministry of Finance of the PRC to administer and disburse government funds for construction and infrastructure related projects under the state economic plan. In 1979, the People's Construction Bank of China became a financial institution under the direction of the State Council and gradually assumed more commercial banking functions.
The People's Construction Bank of China gradually became a full service commercial bank following the establishment of China Development Bank in 1994 to assume its policy lending functions. In 1996, the People's Construction Bank of China changed its name to China Construction Bank.
China Construction Bank Corporation was formed as a joint-stock commercial bank in September 2004 as a result of a separation procedure undertaken by our predecessor, China Construction Bank, under the PRC Company Law. Following the China Banking Regulatory Committee's approval on September 14, 2004, we, Jianyin and Huijin entered into a separation agreement, dated September 15, 2004, pursuant to which China Construction Bank was separated into our bank and Jianyin.
On 27 October 2005, the Bank's H-shares were listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 939), and on 25 September 2007, the Bank's A-shares were listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 601939).